EXCHANGE BITCOIN TO BITCOIN LIGHTNING NETWORK
What do you need to know?
- The average time for exchanging BTC to BTCLN is 10-20 minutes
- You only need 1 confirmation of the Bitcoin blockchain for the exchange
- Bitcoin transaction confirmation rate depends on the level of blockchain network congestion, more in our article
- We use segwit Bitcoin addresses for faster and cheaper transactions, if your wallet does not support this type of address, contact technical support to change the address
- If there is an error about the absence of a path, then there is no channel between our node and your wallet’s node. Try using a different wallet
- If the order page indicates that the order has been completed, but you have not received funds, contact technical support. We can quickly help you
Bitcoin is the first decentralized cryptocurrency
Bitcoin is the oldest and most popular cryptocurrency. Its dominance index over other cryptocurrencies ranges from 30% to 80%.
What if I can’t send Bitcoin to your wallet?
Most likely the fact that your wallet does not support sending on SegWit Bitcoin address. We use SegWit, because thanks to this technology, transactions are included in blocks more faster and the miner’s fee is much lower than in other versions, so the transaction is faster and cheaper. You can read about versions and differences of Bitcoin addresses in our article.
If your wallet does not support sending to SegWit addresses, we recommend that you think about changing your Bitcoin wallet, as it uses outdated technology.
Also, if you want to make an exchange you can always contact our support, we will change the wallet address inside your order to the standard one in real time.
How to estimate the confirmation time of the transaction?
There are several ways to estimate the time of confirmation of the transaction, but you need to understand that it is impossible to calculate it accurately since many factors affect the passage of your transaction, you can read more in our article.
- The easiest way to find out when the first confirmation of the network is to go in the service of collecting statistics from BitcoinFees Earn.com there you can see when your transaction gets into a block, depending on the fee which you sent it.
- You can also use the Explorer Blockchair.com where you can see the priority of the transaction. The first number is what place in the queue is a transaction, the second how many transactions are pending (e.g. priority 1676/9495). Each block includes approximately 2500 transactions, we see that our transaction is in 1676 place in the queue, and therefore must pass in the next block.
It is important to note that to increase the number of confirmations, a new block must appear, blocks in bitcoin can go from 1 to 75 minutes. The average time of Bitcoin block appearance is 10 minutes.
You can read more in our article about the confirmation time in the Bitcoin network.
A brief history of the Lightning Network
The Bitcoin community has long been baffled by the scalability issue. The speed of transactions fell, and the network fees grew. In 2015 Thaddeus Dria and Joseph Poon proposed a solution called the Lightning Network. The idea was to carry out some of the transactions outside the network, thereby reducing the load on the BTC blockchain. In 2018, the Lightning Network was launched in Bitcoin.
The Lightning Network is a system that helps users move funds among themselves without having to use a blockchain to verify a transaction. Instead, there is a quick check of funds from the sender and a request from the recipient who agrees to the transaction.
Problems you may encounter while getting the Lightning Network
- If during the creation of an order when inserting an invoice, an error occurs about the absence of a path, this means that there is no created channel between our node and your wallet node. A channel is required to send and receive payments on the Lightning Network. If there is no open channel between our node and your wallet node, the payment will not be executed. It is recommended to try using a different wallet.
- If the order page indicates that the order was completed, but you did not receive the funds, then the reason for this may be:
- Disconnected intermediate node. If one of the intermediate nodes is offline, the transaction may be delayed.
- Insufficient amount of deposits on intermediate channels. Intermediate nodes cannot forward the payment due to lack of coins.
- The invoice is out of date. Each invoice has a validity period. Of this term has expired, the payment will not work.
If your order is completed, but you have not received the funds, please contact technical support. We can help you quickly.
Lightning Network Speed
Since transactions on the Lightning Network do not end up on the blockchain, they are almost instantaneous. But if one of the intermediate nodes is off the network, the transaction may be delayed.